π Today's Watchlist
π’ EUR/AUD β Long
π΄ GBP/USD - Short
π’ CAD/JPY - Long
π΄ AUD/JPY - Short
π΄ NZD/CHF - Short
π΄ USD/JPY - Short
Waiting for clean confirmations before taking any positions.
π’ EUR/AUD β Long
π΄ GBP/USD - Short
π’ CAD/JPY - Long
π΄ AUD/JPY - Short
π΄ NZD/CHF - Short
π΄ USD/JPY - Short
Waiting for clean confirmations before taking any positions.
π¬π§ NQ β LONDON SESSION
Price swept the overnight sell-side liquidity and reacted strongly, reclaiming PWL around 29,202.
Now NQ is trading inside a key H1 area around 29,250β29,270.
π Above: liquidity toward 29,320 β 29,400/29,425
π Below: 29,202 β 29,150 β 29,090
No reason to force an entry here. Iβm waiting for liquidity + confirmation before taking a position.
Price swept the overnight sell-side liquidity and reacted strongly, reclaiming PWL around 29,202.
Now NQ is trading inside a key H1 area around 29,250β29,270.
π Above: liquidity toward 29,320 β 29,400/29,425
π Below: 29,202 β 29,150 β 29,090
No reason to force an entry here. Iβm waiting for liquidity + confirmation before taking a position.
NQ Futures | NY PM π
Loss today, but the execution followed the plan.
M15 liquidity β M1 sweep β first Breaker β retest β entry.
Buy-side liquidity was taken, so I looked for a short. The setup was valid, although in hindsight there may have been too little room for the trade to develop.
Losses are part of the game.
A cleaner setup appeared later, but with only 20 minutes left in my session, I skipped it.
Rule: no new trades in the last 30 minutes.
I take the loss, learn from it, and come back tomorrow. π€
Loss today, but the execution followed the plan.
M15 liquidity β M1 sweep β first Breaker β retest β entry.
Buy-side liquidity was taken, so I looked for a short. The setup was valid, although in hindsight there may have been too little room for the trade to develop.
Losses are part of the game.
A cleaner setup appeared later, but with only 20 minutes left in my session, I skipped it.
Rule: no new trades in the last 30 minutes.
I take the loss, learn from it, and come back tomorrow. π€
EUR/GBP is building an interesting setup around 0.8578.
π 63% of retail traders are SHORT
π August seasonality is bullish across 20Y, 15Y, 10Y and 5Y samples
π¦ COT remains neutral
π― Technical structure points toward 0.8635β0.8690 if the current range breaks
The higher-timeframe structure is still bearish, so Iβm not calling for a full reversal yet.
My scenario is simple:
Consolidation β Breakout above 0.8590 β Retest β 0.8635/0.8690
Iβve published the complete EUR/GBP breakdown on TradingView, including technical structure, retail sentiment, seasonality and COT positioning.
π 63% of retail traders are SHORT
π August seasonality is bullish across 20Y, 15Y, 10Y and 5Y samples
π¦ COT remains neutral
π― Technical structure points toward 0.8635β0.8690 if the current range breaks
The higher-timeframe structure is still bearish, so Iβm not calling for a full reversal yet.
My scenario is simple:
Consolidation β Breakout above 0.8590 β Retest β 0.8635/0.8690
Iβve published the complete EUR/GBP breakdown on TradingView, including technical structure, retail sentiment, seasonality and COT positioning.
π Today's Watchlist
π΄ EUR/NZD β Short
π’ EUR/AUD - Long
π΄ GBP/USD - Short
π’ CAD/JPY - Long
π΄ AUD/JPY - Short
π΄ NZD/CHF - Short
π΄ USD/JPY - Short
π΄ USD/CAD - Short
Waiting for clean confirmations before taking any positions.
π΄ EUR/NZD β Short
π’ EUR/AUD - Long
π΄ GBP/USD - Short
π’ CAD/JPY - Long
π΄ AUD/JPY - Short
π΄ NZD/CHF - Short
π΄ USD/JPY - Short
π΄ USD/CAD - Short
Waiting for clean confirmations before taking any positions.
NQ | PM New York Session β Trade Missed π
Pretty much a textbook setup during the NY PM Session.
On M1, price swept the M15 Buy Stops, immediately rejected the area and started showing clear bearish intent.
From there, the setup developed very cleanly:
β M15 Buy Stops sweep
β M1 structure shift
β Breaker formation
β Breaker retest
β Short entry
β Target at the M15 Bullish Order Block
Simple and clean setup with a solid R:R.
The problem? I wasnβt at my desk.
I was out for work and, ironically, I even opened TradingView on my phone and spotted the potential setup almost immediately.
I could have tried to execute it from my phone, but I decided to let it go. With this kind of trading, I prefer to be at my desk, properly read the PA and, most importantly, not lower my execution standards just because Iβm afraid of missing a trade.
A bit frustrating, as this would have been the perfect trade to recover yesterdayβs loss and bring both the week and the month back into the green.
Pretty much a textbook setup during the NY PM Session.
On M1, price swept the M15 Buy Stops, immediately rejected the area and started showing clear bearish intent.
From there, the setup developed very cleanly:
β M15 Buy Stops sweep
β M1 structure shift
β Breaker formation
β Breaker retest
β Short entry
β Target at the M15 Bullish Order Block
Simple and clean setup with a solid R:R.
The problem? I wasnβt at my desk.
I was out for work and, ironically, I even opened TradingView on my phone and spotted the potential setup almost immediately.
I could have tried to execute it from my phone, but I decided to let it go. With this kind of trading, I prefer to be at my desk, properly read the PA and, most importantly, not lower my execution standards just because Iβm afraid of missing a trade.
A bit frustrating, as this would have been the perfect trade to recover yesterdayβs loss and bring both the week and the month back into the green.
GBP/USD
GBP/USD is sitting at a crucial decision area around 1.3505β1.3530, and despite bearish absolute COT positioning, there are some interesting changes happening underneath the surface:
β GBP COT still net short, but improving
β +16K new speculative longs this week
β 61% of retail traders are SHORT
β Bullish technical structure still intact
β 1.3640β1.3670 remains the upside liquidity target
β 1.3505 is my key invalidation level
My bias: moderately bullish while price holds above 1.3505.
Full breakdown with COT + Seasonality + Sentiment + Macro + Technical Analysis
GBP/USD is sitting at a crucial decision area around 1.3505β1.3530, and despite bearish absolute COT positioning, there are some interesting changes happening underneath the surface:
β GBP COT still net short, but improving
β +16K new speculative longs this week
β 61% of retail traders are SHORT
β Bullish technical structure still intact
β 1.3640β1.3670 remains the upside liquidity target
β 1.3505 is my key invalidation level
My bias: moderately bullish while price holds above 1.3505.
Full breakdown with COT + Seasonality + Sentiment + Macro + Technical Analysis
WEEKLY MACRO RECAP & OUTLOOK π
Last week, the focus remained on the US economy and Federal Reserve, with Core PCE and GDP broadly in line with expectations, while Jackson Hole and the Fed's latest communication kept monetary policy expectations at the center of the market narrative.
Now attention shifts to a new week packed with major catalysts:
πΊπΈ ISM Manufacturing PMI
π¦πΊ Australian GDP
π³πΏ RBNZ Rate Decision & Press Conference
π¨π¦ BoC Rate Decision & Press Conference
π¬π§ BoE Governor Bailey Speech
πΊπΈ NFP, Unemployment & Wage Growth
The main question for markets will be whether incoming data confirms the current monetary policy expectations, or forces another repricing across FX, bonds and equities.
Last week, the focus remained on the US economy and Federal Reserve, with Core PCE and GDP broadly in line with expectations, while Jackson Hole and the Fed's latest communication kept monetary policy expectations at the center of the market narrative.
Now attention shifts to a new week packed with major catalysts:
πΊπΈ ISM Manufacturing PMI
π¦πΊ Australian GDP
π³πΏ RBNZ Rate Decision & Press Conference
π¨π¦ BoC Rate Decision & Press Conference
π¬π§ BoE Governor Bailey Speech
πΊπΈ NFP, Unemployment & Wage Growth
The main question for markets will be whether incoming data confirms the current monetary policy expectations, or forces another repricing across FX, bonds and equities.
π WEEKLY COT REPORT β POSITIONING UPDATE
This week's COT shows some important shifts in institutional positioning. The key is not only where speculators are positioned, but how exposure is changing week over week.
πΊπΈ USD: +18.7K net β Bullish, but momentum slightly weakening.
πͺπΊ EUR: -36.4K net β Still bearish, but strong improvement driven by -20K shorts.
π¬π§ GBP: -44.5K net β Bearish, but improving with +16.3K new longs.
π¦πΊ AUD: -44.5K net β Bearish, with little directional change.
π³πΏ NZD: -14.2K net β Strong improvement: +3.2K longs / -15.2K shorts.
π¨π¦ CAD: -121.5K net β Still heavily bearish, but massive +36.6K weekly net improvement.
π¨π CHF: -19.9K net β Bearish, but improving.
π―π΅ JPY: -63.3K net β Bearish and deteriorating, with +9.8K new shorts.
π₯ GOLD: +243.3K net β Strong bullish accumulation, +20.3K new longs.
π NASDAQ: +10K net β Strong bullish shift, driven by new longs + short covering.
π KEY TAKEAWAY
π’ Strongest positive shifts: CAD, EUR, NZD, Gold, Nasdaq
π’ Improving: GBP, CHF
π‘ Neutral momentum: AUD
π΄ Weakening: JPY
πΊπΈ USD remains bullish, but without aggressive new accumulation.
This week's COT shows some important shifts in institutional positioning. The key is not only where speculators are positioned, but how exposure is changing week over week.
πΊπΈ USD: +18.7K net β Bullish, but momentum slightly weakening.
πͺπΊ EUR: -36.4K net β Still bearish, but strong improvement driven by -20K shorts.
π¬π§ GBP: -44.5K net β Bearish, but improving with +16.3K new longs.
π¦πΊ AUD: -44.5K net β Bearish, with little directional change.
π³πΏ NZD: -14.2K net β Strong improvement: +3.2K longs / -15.2K shorts.
π¨π¦ CAD: -121.5K net β Still heavily bearish, but massive +36.6K weekly net improvement.
π¨π CHF: -19.9K net β Bearish, but improving.
π―π΅ JPY: -63.3K net β Bearish and deteriorating, with +9.8K new shorts.
π₯ GOLD: +243.3K net β Strong bullish accumulation, +20.3K new longs.
π NASDAQ: +10K net β Strong bullish shift, driven by new longs + short covering.
π KEY TAKEAWAY
π’ Strongest positive shifts: CAD, EUR, NZD, Gold, Nasdaq
π’ Improving: GBP, CHF
π‘ Neutral momentum: AUD
π΄ Weakening: JPY
πΊπΈ USD remains bullish, but without aggressive new accumulation.
π WEEKLY TRADING RECAP | AUG 24β28
Not the week I wanted, but definitely one I can learn from.
I'm currently working on two prop accounts:
πΉ FundedNext 50K β Phase 2: essentially flat this week at -$0.07. The priority remains capital protection and completing the final phase without forcing trades.
πΉ Apex 100K β Phase 1: -$1.06K this week.
A difficult week after a strong start earlier in the month.
The main takeaway came from reviewing my executions: waiting for the perfect retest after price has already accepted a key level can sometimes mean missing the entire move.
Something I'm now studying more deeply:
Level acceptance + sufficient RR β potential direct execution.
Insufficient RR β wait for the retest.
No emotional strategy changes after a losing week. The goal is to collect more data, refine the execution model and come back next week focused on the process.
Not the week I wanted, but definitely one I can learn from.
I'm currently working on two prop accounts:
πΉ FundedNext 50K β Phase 2: essentially flat this week at -$0.07. The priority remains capital protection and completing the final phase without forcing trades.
πΉ Apex 100K β Phase 1: -$1.06K this week.
A difficult week after a strong start earlier in the month.
The main takeaway came from reviewing my executions: waiting for the perfect retest after price has already accepted a key level can sometimes mean missing the entire move.
Something I'm now studying more deeply:
Level acceptance + sufficient RR β potential direct execution.
Insufficient RR β wait for the retest.
No emotional strategy changes after a losing week. The goal is to collect more data, refine the execution model and come back next week focused on the process.
π₯ GOLD TO $5,000
My medium-term outlook on Gold remains bullish, but after the strong August rally I believe XAUUSD could first experience a correction.
COT positioning remains extremely bullish, with large speculators heavily net long, but positioning is becoming crowded. Retail traders are also 61% long, while September seasonality is negative across all the main historical periods Iβm monitoring.
My main area of interest remains $4,200β$4,300. If Gold corrects into this Weekly area and buyers return, I will start looking again toward $4,600 β $4,800 β $5,000.
Short-term corrective. Medium-term bullish.
My medium-term outlook on Gold remains bullish, but after the strong August rally I believe XAUUSD could first experience a correction.
COT positioning remains extremely bullish, with large speculators heavily net long, but positioning is becoming crowded. Retail traders are also 61% long, while September seasonality is negative across all the main historical periods Iβm monitoring.
My main area of interest remains $4,200β$4,300. If Gold corrects into this Weekly area and buyers return, I will start looking again toward $4,600 β $4,800 β $5,000.
Short-term corrective. Medium-term bullish.
π AUDJPY: 88% of retail traders are short
AUDJPY remains technically bullish, but price is currently trading inside a major Daily resistance zone between 114.35 and 114.80.
For this reason, I am not interested in chasing long positions at the current price.
My preferred scenario is a sweep of the liquidity above the recent highs, followed by a correction toward the Daily imbalances located around 114.00 and, ideally, between 113.00 and 113.50.
If price reaches this demand area and provides bullish confirmation, I will look for a possible continuation above 114.80, targeting the 115.00+ region.
Sentiment is heavily unbalanced, with 88% of retail traders short, which could fuel a bullish continuation.
However, September seasonality favours a weaker AUD and a stronger JPY, while COT positioning remains mixed.
π Bullish structure, but patience is required. I prefer buying from demand rather than chasing price inside resistance.
β A Daily close below 112.68 would weaken the setup.
AUDJPY remains technically bullish, but price is currently trading inside a major Daily resistance zone between 114.35 and 114.80.
For this reason, I am not interested in chasing long positions at the current price.
My preferred scenario is a sweep of the liquidity above the recent highs, followed by a correction toward the Daily imbalances located around 114.00 and, ideally, between 113.00 and 113.50.
If price reaches this demand area and provides bullish confirmation, I will look for a possible continuation above 114.80, targeting the 115.00+ region.
Sentiment is heavily unbalanced, with 88% of retail traders short, which could fuel a bullish continuation.
However, September seasonality favours a weaker AUD and a stronger JPY, while COT positioning remains mixed.
π Bullish structure, but patience is required. I prefer buying from demand rather than chasing price inside resistance.
β A Daily close below 112.68 would weaken the setup.